Lot 459: 1931 Packard Standard Eight 833


%%wppa%% %%slide=695%% %%size=auto%%

Chassis Number: 483111

Engine Number: 327324

As evidenced by the number of Packards in his collection, Charles H. Brown was a great proponent of the brand, a trait which he inherited, and this late Eight, in its rarer configuration complements the grouping of Twelve and Eight Cylinder open cars. The Packard was purchased by Mr. Brown at a regional automobile auction in 2004, prior to which it had spent a number of years in Spanish ownership. Before this it is known to have been in New York State in the 1980s and most probably had remained in the U.S. from new until this time.

Of particular pertinence is the fact that it retains quality accessories associated with the brand, including an Adonis mascot, C.M. Hall headlamps and a pair of Triple Speed driving lights, as well as the factory option of dual side mounts. The top and interior have recently been carefully redone to original factory specifications by Seattle expert upholsterer John Parkhurst. Parkhurst’s cars have been shown at Pebble Beach often and the quality is fantastic.

Looking every bit the ‘Classic Era’ automobile that it is, the Packard, is considered a ‘Full Classic’ by the Classic Car Club of America and would be eligible for their popular CARavan tours.