%%wppa%% %%slide=551%% %%size=auto%%
1951 Pontiac Streamliner Woodie Wagon
- Straight Eight Engine
- Hydromatic 4-Speed Transmission
- Lovely Original Condition – Beautiful Patina
- Starts with Ease – Drives Wonderfully
This Pontiac is all steel construction with the woodgrain outside, ash wood door caps and posts inside (original finish). Overall in lovely original condition finished in a beautiful Palmetto Green paint. The car features all its surviving woodgrain, having only minor touchups to the rear lower corners. The previous owner used teh car for parades, and to promote his business ForeCastle Rum.
The interior is completely original except for the front seat facings. The original coated cloth fabric on the seats, headliner and door panels is very nice throughout. Dash & gauges are original and everything works, the dash paint being in its original condition.
As it has been lovingly maintained throughout its life, this Woodie Pontiac starts right up and runs and drives wonderfully. The Hydromatic 4-speed transmission shifts flawlessly.
Some recent maintenance that has been done to the car includes:
- New U-joints, front & rear shocks
- New generator belt & exhaust system
- New complete brakes throughout with new cylinders/hardware
- Re-cored radiator, new water pump, fuel pump
- Rebuilt carburetor
- Engine oil change & tune up