%%wppa%% %%slide=561%% %%size=auto%%
1962 MGA Mark II Roadster
The MGA was a sports car produced by the MG division of the British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962. Introduced to the automotive world in 1956, the MGA was the replacement for the aged T-Series MG. The car was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Along with some cosmetic changes, the MGA was designed with a new chassis, creating more space between the side members and attaching the floor to the bottom of the vehicle, rather than the frame sections. With all the changes made to progress the MG brand and overcome falling sales of the traditional MG models, the new car was named the MGA, the “first of a new line”. Along with these chassis changes, the MGA was fitted with the BMC corporate B-series engine, allowing a lower bonnet line than its predecessor, the MG T series.
Progressing from the simple MGA model, the MGA Mark II Roadster featured an increased engine size to 1600 cc. Only 8,198 Mark II Roadsters were produced.
This 1962 MGA Mark II Roadster is a long term stored project. The welting was removed from the front fenders, and some paint repair is necessary. The car runs well, but the muffler is loud. It has some rust on the rockers and will need restoration. It is a great runner, project driver, which with some servicing can be enjoyed as is or taken to the next level.